At a Glance
Bryant is a private New England university with a 150-year tradition of innovation and a global vision for success. Our academic programs are distinguished by an integration of business and the arts and sciences with a global perspective.
Top 10 facts
- TOP RANKED: Bryant’s business program is among the top 10 in the US, according to College Factual, and is ranked 2nd on a list of “up-and-coming” universities by U.S. News & World Report. Bloomberg BusinessWeek ranks Bryant’s IB program 16th in the country and places the University in the top 50 overall.
- $244 MILLION CAMPUS INVESTMENT: In the past 18 years, Bryant has invested $244 million in stunning new campus facilities and architectural enhancements. Since 2001, Bryant has added 267,000 square feet of new facilities.
- 151-YEAR TRADITION: Since its founding, Bryant has earned a distinguished reputation for preparing students with the knowledge, skills, and qualities of character to succeed in an interconnected world of unlimited global opportunity.
- 98% OF CLASS OF 2013 EMPLOYED OR ENROLLED WITHIN 6 MONTHS: For Bryant’s classes of 2010-2013, 97-98% were employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
- $53,000 FIRST-YEAR SALARY: Average first-year salary for 2013 graduates of the College of Business and College of Arts and Sciences.
- NEARLY 50% OF STUDENTS STUDY ABROAD: Recognized as a leader in international education, Bryant provides students with abundant opportunities to develop a global perspective. Students enjoy study abroad programs, including Bryant’s innovative Sophomore International Experience, in more than 50 countries around the world.
- 100% OF CLASSES TAUGHT BY PROFESSORS, NOT TEACHING ASSISTANTS: Bryant’s student-centered campus has no large lecture halls and the average class size is 24, ensuring abundant opportunities to develop faculty mentors and conduct original research.
- 100% OF STUDENTS COMPLETE BOTH A MAJOR AND A MINOR: Bryant’s nationally recognized curriculum allows students to create their path by integrating business and liberal arts while developing real-world credentials that provide competitive advantage.
- TITLETOWN: In only the second year of full Division I eligibility, Bryant student-athletes shattered records while earning high academic marks. The University has 22 NCAA DI varsity sports teams and in 2014, Bryant became the first school in NEC history to win six spring championships. Go Bulldogs!
- 40,000 ALUMNI: Bryant’s powerful network of more than 40,000 alumni is one of the University’s greatest resources. Bryant graduates are leaders in businesses and organizations around the world.
- University mission: The Bryant experience promotes academic excellence and cultivates the leadership skills, qualities of character, and diverse perspectives required to succeed in an age of unlimited global opportunity.
- Bryant was founded in 1863 and celebrated its 150th anniversary in 2013.
- Bryant's academic programs are distinguished by an integration of business and the arts and sciences with a global perspective.
- Located on 428 acres in Smithfield, RI, Bryant is just 12 miles from Providence and 50 miles from Boston
- The College of Business offers business specialties pairing the depth and breadth of a large business school with the individual attention found on small college campuses. The College of Arts and Sciences programs combine understanding of theory with skills that prepare students to make meaningful contributions immediately upon graduation.
- Bryant's Graduate School of Business offers advanced degrees in business administration, taxation, and accounting. The College of Arts and Sciences offers graduate degrees and post-graduate programs in communication, teaching, and global environmental studies. The School of Health Sciences offers a master's degree in physician assistant studies* (*provisional accreditation)
- The Honorable Ronald K. Machtley has served as Bryant's president since June 1996.
- 3,287 full-time and part-time undergraduate students from 32 states and 63 countries
- 81% of undergraduates reside on campus in single-sex and coed residence halls, suites, and townhouse apartments.
- 41% of students are female.
- 7.3% of students are international.
- Bryant offers nearly 100 courses of study.
- Average class size: 24 students; student/faculty ratio: 16:1
- All classes are taught by faculty, not teaching assistants or graduate students.
- Faculty are dedicated to teaching and are active with scholarly research.
- Full-time faculty with highest degree in their field: 81.7%
- 167 full-time and part-time graduate students in seven master's programs – MBA, MPAc, MST, MAT, MSGES, MAComo, MSPAS* (*provisional accreditation)
- Bryant has more than 40,000 active alumni.
- 22 NCAA Division I varsity sports, member of the Northeast Conference
The following information is provided by Bryant University in accordance with the Higher Education Act of 1965, as amended by the Higher Education Opportunity Act of 2008.
- Privacy of Student Records-Family Educational Rights & Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Facilities and Services for Students with Disabilities
- Student Diversity
- Price of Attendance
- Net Price Calculator
- Refund Policy & Requirements for Withdrawal and Return of Federal Financial Aid
- Textbook Information
- Educational Programs: Undergraduate & Graduate
- Instructional Facilities
- Transfer Credits & Articulation Agreements
- Accreditation, Approval & Licensure of Institution & Programs
- Copyright Infringement-Policies & Sanctions
- Computer Use & File Sharing
- Student Activities
- Career & Job Placement
- Federal, State, Local & Institutional Programs
- Federal Student Aid Penalties for Drug Law Violations
Student Loan Information
- Initial Loan Counseling for Student Borrowers
- Loan Repayment
- Institutional Code of Conduct for Education Loans
Health & Safety