At a Glance
Bryant is a private New England university with a tradition of innovation and a global vision for success. Our academic programs are distinguished by an integration of business and the arts and sciences with a global perspective.
Top 10 facts
- TOP RANKED: Bryant’s business program is among the top 10 in the US, according to College Factual, and is ranked 2nd on a list of “up-and-coming” universities by U.S. News & World Report. Bloomberg BusinessWeek ranks Bryant’s IB program 16th in the country and places the University in the top 50 overall. Check out our other rankings.
- $250 MILLION CAMPUS INVESTMENT: Bryant has invested $250 million in stunning new campus facilities and architectural enhancements. By fall 2016, more than 250,000 square feet of new facilities will have been added.
- 154-YEAR TRADITION: Since its founding, Bryant has earned a distinguished reputation for preparing students with the knowledge, skills, and qualities of character to succeed in an interconnected world of unlimited global opportunity.
- 99% OF CLASS OF 2016 employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation.
- $57,000 FIRST-YEAR SALARY: Median first-year salary for 2016 graduates of the College of Business and College of Arts and Sciences.
- NEARLY 50% OF STUDENTS STUDY ABROAD: Recognized as a leader in international education, Bryant provides students with abundant opportunities to develop a global perspective. Students enjoy study abroad programs, including Bryant’s innovative Sophomore International Experience, in more than 50 countries around the world.
- 100% OF CLASSES TAUGHT BY PROFESSORS, NOT TEACHING ASSISTANTS: Bryant’s student-centered campus has no large lecture halls and the average class size is 24, ensuring abundant opportunities to develop faculty mentors and conduct original research.
- 100% OF STUDENTS COMPLETE BOTH A MAJOR AND A MINOR: Bryant’s nationally recognized curriculum allows students to create their path by integrating business and liberal arts while developing real-world credentials that provide competitive advantage.
- TITLETOWN: Bryant's rapid rise as a Northeast Conference power has given way to a popular "Titletown" moniker on campus. It's a well-deserved designation for a program that has now repeated as Brenda Weare Commissioner's Cup champion.
- 44,000 ALUMNI: Bryant’s powerful network of more than 44,000 alumni is one of the University’s greatest resources. Bryant graduates are leaders in businesses and organizations around the world.
- University mission: Educate and inspire students to discover their passion and become innovative leaders with character around the world.
- Bryant was founded in 1863 .
- Bryant's academic programs are distinguished by an integration of business and the arts and sciences with a global perspective.
- Located on 435 acres in Smithfield, RI, Bryant is just 12 miles from Providence and 50 miles from Boston
- The College of Business offers business specialties pairing the depth and breadth of a large business school with the individual attention found on small college campuses. The College of Arts and Sciences programs combine understanding of theory with skills that prepare students to make meaningful contributions immediately upon graduation.
- Bryant's Graduate School of Business offers advanced degrees in business administration, taxation, and accounting. The College of Arts and Sciences offers graduate degrees and post-graduate programs in communication and global environmental studies. The School of Health Sciences offers a master's degree in physician assistant studies* (*provisional accreditation)
- The Honorable Ronald K. Machtley has served as Bryant's president since June 1996.
- 81% of undergraduates reside on campus in single-sex and coed residence halls, suites, and townhouse apartments (2015-2016 data)
- 41% of students are female (2015-2016 data)
- 8% of students are international (2015-2016 data)
- Bryant offers nearly 100 courses of study.
- Average class size: 24 students; student/faculty ratio: 13.8:1
- All classes are taught by faculty, not teaching assistants or graduate students.
- Faculty are dedicated to teaching and are active with scholarly research.
- Full-time faculty with highest degree in their field: 81.3% (Fall 2014 data)
- Six master's programs – MBA, MPAc, MST, MSGES, MAComm, MSPAS* (*provisional accreditation)
- Bryant has more than 44,000 active alumni.
- 22 NCAA Division I varsity sports, member of the Northeast Conference
- Undergraduate Student Profile - Fall 2016 (.pdf)