Sustainability at Bryant
We are committed to creating a sustainable campus and culture through a framework that includes academics and research, energy, buildings and land use, health and wellness, transportation, waste reduction and recycling, water, and community engagement.
Sustainability supports Bryant’s global vision, our commitment to business innovation, and the arts and sciences. The rise of the green economy has the potential to affect our students and their careers. Sustainability on campus equips our students with skills and tools needed to compete and participate in this economy while providing opportunities for community involvement and learning.
- Sustainability is prominent in our curriculum, with more than 40 courses that focus on the issue in the arts, sciences, and business.
- We are a member of the Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE).
- Our sustainability efforts to date have earned the University a silver rating from AASHE's Sustainability Tracking and Rating System (STARS).
2013 sustainability plan
Our initiatives focus on three areas: planning and policy; education and research; and operations. Planning and policy streamline strategies in leadership and decision-making. Operations include the built environment and systemize the efficient use of resources. Education and research build understanding, deepen knowledge and inspires careers.
Plans and Goals
To build a more sustainable future for Bryant, the initiatives outlined in our plan focus on three major areas: planning and policy; education and action; and operations.
- Events: Earth Day, REDay, RecycleMania, Green Game Day Recycling Challenge, and more
- Student organizations : Enactus Green Team, Scientific Community Initiative
- Participate in the Department of Science and Technology's annual outdoor field study
- Join the Green Alumni Alliance
- Green your residence hall or office
Stay in touch
Keep up to date on the latest sustainability news and events by following us on social media: