People and Resources
Connect with the people who are leading our initiatives and learn more about sustainability at Bryant.
This 25-member committee of faculty, administrators, staff, and students is charged with guiding Bryant's sustainability efforts. It welcomes proposals from members of the Bryant community.
- Gaytha Langlois, Ph.D., professor, Department of Science and Technology
- Brian Britton, assistant vice president, Campus Management
EcoMotion technical support
A team of advisors from EcoMotion assists the University with sustainability coordination.
- Bryant Enactus' Green Team
- Bryant Environmental Society; contact Gaytha Langlois, Ph.D., professor, Department of Science and Technology
- Scientific Community Initiative, a student club that promotes sustainability on and off campus through events, outreach, and collaborations
- The Community Activism and Leadership Organization (CALO) focuses on directing student effort toward social good. The Green Initiative focuses on finding sustainable solutions to environmental challenges and opportunities on campus and in the surrounding community
Academic and research opportunities (ongoing)
- Departments with faculty engaged in sustainability research: Science and Technology, Marketing, History and Social Sciences, Economics
- Immersive programs. Past programs have included traveling to a Swedish university to conduct studies focusing on economic and technological climate change issues; coral reef studies in Australia
- An annual outdoor field study, sponsored by the Department of Science and Technology and supported by a NASA grant, takes students to environmentally significant locations in United States. Recent sites include redwood forests on the California coast and fossil sites in Idaho.
- Student internships with a variety of NGO and governmental organizations, including Save the Bay, Apeiron Institute, and Nature Conservancy
Selected research projects and resources
- Student research, spring 2013: Solar energy and Bryant
- Student research: Environmental Footprint of Cell Phones
- Student research: Bryant walking trails #1
- Student project: Bryant walking trails #2:
- Student project: Bryant walking trails #3
- Glossary of Terms
- The Association for the Advancement of Sustainability in Higher Education (AASHE) - publications, reports, documents
- Second Nature - works with colleges and universities to promote sustainability practices in higher education
- Sustainable Endowments Institute - Bryant is working with SEI's Leaders in Energy Efficiency Financing Network to develop and implement a green revolving fund
- Game Day Recycling Challenge
- College and University Recycling Coalition (CURC)