College of Arts and Sciences
Our Arts and Sciences graduates have the versatility to compete in and contribute to a complex, global environment. Their unique foundation of liberal arts and business allow them to succeed in whatever career path they choose.
The core of the Arts and Sciences experience
- An integrated curriculum that blends a liberal arts education with a business minor
- A global perspective of intercultural knowledge and competency
- Inspiring faculty who are world-class experts in their fields and combine the latest theory with direct experience
- Active and engaged learning that includes research projects with faculty, meaningful internships, and service learning, as well as international experiences both on campus and around the world
- Dynamic and plentiful opportunities to develop teamwork and leadership skills that are highly prized by employers
create your path
Undergraduate Arts and Sciences majors complement their studies with a business minor. Our accomplished alumni are succeeding in fields such as science and medicine, politics and law, business, communications, and teaching, and excelling at prestigious graduate and post-graduate programs.
Our graduate programs capitalize on our strong interdisciplinary approach and opportunities for real-world application of knowledge. We offer a Master of Arts in Communication, as well as several certificate programs.
Strategic partnerships expand opportunities
Our strategic alliances and partnerships with regional community organizations, multinational corporations, and global education institutions provide you with myriad opportunities. You can collaborate on scientific research for NASA or research and write policy briefs as interns at think tanks in Washington, D.C., or the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace in Beijing.
- Collaboration with other prestigious educational institutions such as Brown, MIT, Yale, and China universities
- Grants and fellowships with NASA, Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship program, and National Science Foundation
- Government agencies and organizations such as The Washington Center and the Brookings Institution
- Collaboration with research hospitals in the region
- A wide variety of for-profit and not-for-profit organizations, from Atlantic Records in New York City to Elizabeth Arden, London, and from Opportunity International—Nicaragua to the U.S. Department of Veterans Affairs
Bryant’s College of Arts and Sciences faculty are leaders in their fields who are committed to challenging you. Our faculty members have both the academic credentials and the real-world experience to make the classroom a vital place for learning.
A community of scientists
Majoring in Biology or Environmental Science takes you on a journey of discovery with faculty who are dedicated teachers, mentors, and researchers. At hand for your use is lab equipment that other schools typically reserve for grad students.
Training for broadcast careers
The Communications Complex is home to a state-of-the art digital and multimedia television studio that serves as a pre- and post-production training ground. Recently, College Magazine ranked Bryant No. 3 on its list of top 10 colleges for broadcast journalism.