The Undergraduate Advising Office provides academic advising and services, as well as program and policy information, for all undergraduate students.
Academic advising is a collaborative educational process between students and their advisors to meet essential learning outcomes, ensure student academic success, and outline the steps for achieving the students' personal, academic, and career goals. Professional academic advisors partner with students to:
- Help them plan their educational career
- Learn how to access campus resources
- Empower them to "claim their education"
- Ensure academic success
In addition, the Undergraduate Advising Office is a resource for:
- Advising students on course selection and degree completion
- Academic planning for curricular opportunities such as internships and studying abroad
- Providing students with information about and strategies for utilizing the available resources and services on campus
- Defining academic goals
- Monitoring academic progress and achievement
- Working with undecided/Exploratory students through the MyPath@Bryant program in conjunction with the Amica Center for Career Education
The Academic Center for Excellence, in partnership with the Department of Athletics, provides tailored assistance for the unique needs of student-athletes. Students in our Division I athletic programs have challenging schedules and often need additional help finding a balance between the demands of athletics and academics. ACE provides these students support with general study skills, time management and overall organization. Student-Athlete study hall requirements can be fulfilled using any of ACE’s services, including tutoring, the writing center, learning specialist appointments, attendance at workshops, and time spent in the student-athlete quiet study hall as well as the student-athlete goal-based study hall. In goal-based study hall, student-athletes can work with peer tutors and writing consultants to establish goals for their studies, to get academic support in achieving these goals, and to assess and improve their study habits.