Academic Success Programs
Our Academic Success Programs provide access to learning specialists who provide individualized assistance and group workshops on college-level study skill development.
Here are examples of just some of the programs and services offered:
- The Academic Center for Excellence, which is staffed by professional math specialists and peer tutors. The peer tutors are trained and certified by The College Reading and Learning Association and offer both one-on-one and group appointments for a variety of academic subjects. Learning Labs allow you to work with a specialist or peer tutor on math, economics, finance or accounting assignments.
- The Writing Center provides one-on-one services with professional writing specialists and student writing consultants, who are also CRLA trained and certified. The Writing Center staff work with you at all stages of the writing process, including brainstorming, outlining, thesis development, and draft editing.
- Learning disability and ADHD services
Especially for international students
Our Academic Success Programs offer specialized services for international students and English language learners to help them increase their academic confidence and improve their performance as college students, preparing them for the global job market.
The Assistant Director for International Students and English Language Learners is available to assist you with:
- Adjusting to academic life at Bryant and in the United States
- Taking advantage of ACE and Writing Center academic support services
- Navigating the variety of support services available to international students on campus
- Developing study skills for college success
- Improving written and oral language skills
- Setting goals for academic improvement
- Communicating with professors and clarifying expectations and assignments
International students and English language learners who seek to improve their English writing skills may also make an appointment for a one-on-one consultation with our ESL Writing Specialist who helps with:
- Generating ideas for essays and written assignments
- Organizing a paper
- Sharpening English communication skills overall