Bryant allows students to enter with advanced standing from college credit earned in a number of ways.
Incoming first-year students are able to transfer up to 30 credits during their first year. There are a number of ways to obtain advanced standing/college credit.
You may enter Bryant with advanced standing from college credit earned through:
- Advanced Placement (AP)
- International Baccalaureate (IB) for IB scores of 5 or higher on the higher-level exams.
- College-level courses
If you are taking a course for college credit, whether the course is offered on a college campus or in your secondary school, please send a copy of the transcript from the college in order to be considered for credit.
Competitive applicants to Bryant have taken a strong college preparatory curriculum including the following coursework in high school:
- Four years of English
- Two years of Social Science
- Two years of Science (lab)
- Two years of foreign language
- Four years of college preparatory math (with fourth-year math a level beyond Algebra II. We prefer that a student takes precalculus or calculus in his/her senior year)
- International students are required to take the TOEFL exam. The minimum required score for the TOEFL is 550 or 213 on the computer-based exam), and an 80 on the IBT exam.
Applicants are encouraged to challenge themselves beyond these requirements and take honors, Advanced Placement and International Baccalaureate courses where available and appropriate.