Thank you for considering transferring to Bryant.
Did you know that 1 in 7 students at Bryant transferred here?
In a perfect world, every student would be admitted to his or her first choice school, enter knowing exactly which major they will pursue, and experience a successful and happy four years. But, that isn't always what happens. Whatever your reason for considering a transfer – from graduating from a community college to choosing a different academic path to seeking a college that is a better fit for you – we are here to help you through the process.
Each year, Bryant University welcomes students with prior university/college credit into the university’s close-knit learning community. Fellow students, faculty, and staff are here to help you create your path, expand your world and achieve your success. At Bryant, transfer students looking to continue their education will find an institution that offers an exceptional education that combines theoretical and real-world knowledge with a global perspective, innovation and creativity, and character and leadership development - all in a distinctly student-centered learning environment that's transformative and empowering.
Transfer applicants may apply for admission for the fall and spring semesters. Candidates are expected to have obtained sufficient academic preparation for the Bryant curriculum through a combination of accredited secondary school and college coursework.
Scholarships and Financial Aid
Merit scholarships are available for outstanding transfer students for the fall and spring semesters and range from $9,000 to $20,000. Scholarships are based on the application for admission and are renewable.
Transfer students are also eligible for need-based financial aid. Please submit the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA).
How to Apply
- Common Application (with supplement )
- Universal College Application (with supplement )
- Download a paper application
In addition to the application, prospective transfer students must submit the following:
- One-time $50 non-refundable fee (waived if you have previously applied to Bryant)
- Official high school transcript
- Official college transcript(s) from each college attended
- Personal essay
- SAT or ACT scores if transferring with fewer than 30 credits at time of application (Read our test-optional policy )
- List of courses and course numbers not included on the transcript that the applicant expects to complete before the proposed date of enrollment
- Supplement to the Common Application or Supplement to the Universal College Application
International transfer students must also submit:
- Evidence of English language proficiency (e.g. TOEFL , IELTS )
- Certification of Finances and supporting bank documents
- University transfer of visa form
Admitted Transfer students
Upon acceptance, transfer students receive a credit evaluation indicating which classes have transferred, along with a curriculum summary identifying the courses required for a bachelor's degree at Bryant.
- Up to 62 credits from a two-year college and 92 credits from a four-year college may be accepted for transfer credit.
- Courses in which a student receives a grade of "C" or better are transferrable, as long as the courses fit into the Bryant curriculum.
- Certain courses may require faculty approval before credit can be awarded.
College partnersBryant is proud to partner with several colleges to offer articulation agreements.
- Bermuda College
- Bristol Community College:
- Business Administration
- Information Systems
- Community College of Rhode Island:
- General Business
- General Studies
- Dean College
- Holyoke Community College
- Massasoit Community College
- Quinebaug Valley Comm-Tech College
Students who complete all of the requirements of the agreement can have their $50 application fee waived. Contact the Office of Transfer Admission at (401) 232-6100 or (800) 622-7001 for more information.