Wait-listed or Deferred Students
Bryant's great strength in education is our attention to each individual student. We provide an exceptional education that combines theoretical and real-world knowledge with a global perspective, innovation and creativity, and character and leadership development - all in a distinctly student-centered learning environment that's transformative and empowering. We keep our class sizes small and that means we wait-list many qualified applications each year.
We do anticipate admitting students from the waitlist, but we are unable to determine how many candidates we will be able to offer a place in our entering class. The Office of Admission begins looking at waitlist candidates at the end of April and makes an effort to admit students from the waitlist by May 1. In previous years, however, we have admitted students throughout the month of May.
We do not place waitlist candidates in any rank order. Each candidate is evaluated individually based on his or her academic performance, involvement, leadership, and desire to attend Bryant.
Your Next Steps
A waitlist decision simply means that we believe you are a strong applicant, but we are unable to offer you a spot in our competitive class at this point. If you have been placed on our waitlist, we encourage you to:
- Mail back the waitlist reply card. We only consider students who have returned the reply card stating they want to remain on the waitlist.
- Write a letter to the Admission Committee stating your interest in Bryant and why you feel you are a good match for our institution.
- Submit your most recent grades.
- Forward any awards, honors, or recommendations for the committee to review.
- Send along additional letters of recommendation from a teacher, advisor, employer, or coach.
Financial aid is available to students offered admission from the waitlist. We will be able to notify you of your financial aid award at the time admission is offered. Bryant awards financial aid to students admitted from the waitlist in the same way financial aid is awarded to students admitted from the regular decision pool.
If you have any questions, please contact the Office of Admission at (401) 232-6100.