The Writing Center is a comfortable and supportive place for all members of the Bryant community to receive assistance with their writing.
The Writing Center firmly believes in writing as a learning tool and is committed to helping Bryant students become better writers and learners. We offer students feedback on writing for any course or discipline, and at any stage in the writing process.
What we offer is more educational experience than “service.” Wonderful dialogue occurs in the Writing Center where student visitors come to better understand the subject matter by talking it out with one less initiated, who may not have had the same course or read the same texts. Students then develop confidence within the discipline of study, as well as in their ability to explain it and form an argument about it.
Services and Resources:
- Writing Specialists - these staff members are professionals with a background in writing instruction. They are available for one-on-one consultations, or group sessions, by appointment.
- Writing Consultants - these peer tutors are trained to work with students to improve their writing skills. They are available for one-on-one consultations, or group sessions, by appointment or during walk-in hours.
- Workshops - these specialized, group sessions address common topics that are often challenging for writers. Workshops are typically hosted by our Writing Specialists. They are scheduled throughout the semester and upon request by classes or groups.
- Writing skills resources. The Writing Center has a full library of books, handouts, and reference guides available for student use. Our library includes information about grammar, spelling, word choice, documentation, and many other topics.
- Business Plan Labs. The Writing Center recognizes that the Business 101 course can be challenging because of the need for the team to co-author the final paper. In the Business Plan Lab, there are Writing Consultants and Accounting Tutors available to guide teams through the review process, as well as to answer questions and offer suggestions. This approach helps student groups actively participate in the process of reviewing their own work, and identifying their own strengths and challenges for the Business Plan project. The labs begin being offered in November for the Fall semester and April for the Spring semester.
- International and ESL Student Services for English language learners working on writing projects, including workshops, an ESL Writing Specialist, and a Reading for Writing program.
- Faculty Services. We provide a variety of services to make The Writing Center a classroom resource for faculty as well as for students.