Health & Wellness
Bryant University Health Services is committed to your overall well-being, and our goal is to help you become a full and active participant in your health care.
Health education and on-site medical care are provided by a physician, nurse practitioners, and professional health educators.
The health services program emphasizes prevention of health problems and offers direct health services on campus combined with referrals to hospitals and specialists. We strive to support students in developing a healthy lifestyle that includes eating well, getting enough sleep, exercising, and reducing stress in order to promote success inside and outside of the classroom.
All students who are registered for classes at Bryant University have access to health care at Health Services and there is no fee for services offered. Health insurance is required for all Bryant students.
The Department of Health Services provides routine and acute care including:
- Treatment of illnesses and Injuries
- Colds, coughs, upper respiratory infections, sinus infections, abdominal pain, urine infections, skin rashes, sprains, strains, muscle pulls, lacerations, minor surgical procedures
- Men’s Health Care
- Genital, testicular exams, hernia problems, discussion on supplements, steroid use and the effects
- Women's Health Care
- Annual exam-pap smear, breast exam, contraceptive counseling, follow up of sexual assault, pregnancy tests
- STI/STD Testing Treatment and Counseling
- HIV Testing Counseling
- TB Skin Testing and Documentation for Employment
- Nutrition and Diet Counseling
- Support Services for Persons with Physical Disabilities
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Wellness Exams and Preventative Services
- Discussions of your personal health concerns with the objective of helping you maintain good health throughout your life
- Coordinated Care with Current Providers and Specialists
- Assist with appointments or consults with needed specialist such as dental, orthopedic, dermatology, or allergy and help coordinate your care
- Work with your previous providers to continue the care and treatment they have advised and developed for you
- Laboratory Services
- A phlebotomist comes daily to Health Services from Roger Williams Hospital and will draw blood or collect specimens either ordered by our clinical staff or by your primary care provider
- Order and administer any vaccine that you need. Payment is needed in advance for the vaccine(cash or credit card)
- Travel Health
- Schedule an appointment to discuss your travel plans and medical needs
- Variety of over the counter medications and items
- Educational workshops/programs and awareness activities
- One on one health behavior change consultations
- Bryant H.E.A.L. (Health Education Awareness Leaders)
- Bryant University's Healthy Campus Initiative
In order to meet Rhode Island state law requirements, all full-time freshman and transfer students (including commuters) must complete the following health forms and submit to Health Services no later than August 1, 2013, for fall semester and January 1, 2014, for spring semester.
All forms can be found by logging into myBryant :
- Click on the Banner icon
- Click on Student Services and Financial Aid
- Click on Health and Medical Forms
Forms that must be completed by students and submitted online:
- Health Questionnaire
- Prescribed Medications
- Emergency Contacts
- Health Insurance Information Insurance Card Copy (can be uploaded or faxed to Health Services)
Forms to be completed by your health care provider and then uploaded or faxed to Health Services (FAX (401) 232-6702 or (401) 319-5146)
- Physical Exam/Immunizations Form (download .pdf)
If you have any questions as you complete these forms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Health Services at (401)232-6220
GRADUATE STUDENTS: All full-time graduate students must download and complete the Graduate Student Form (available at myBryant; follow directions above) and fax it to Health Services by August 1, 2013.