Confucius Institute offers Chinese language courses for youngsters and adults
SMITHFIELD, R.I. – The Confucius Institute at Bryant University is offering community Chinese language classes this fall on the Bryant campus, 1150 Douglas Pike. Classes are available for adults and youngsters. The deadline to register is Friday, Oct. 5.
In addition, the Confucius Institute offers one-on-one private tutoring in Chinese.
Chinese for Adults
Classes meet for 12 weeks from 6-7:30 p.m. Tuesdays from Oct. 9 to Dec. 18; the final class will be held on Thursday, Dec. 20
- Instructor: Xingyu Meng, Ph.D., who has extensive experience teaching Chinese language, literature and culture to Americans. Meng holds a doctorate in Chinese literature from Jinan University in Guangzhou.
- Textbook: Contemporary Chinese for Beginners (当代汉语), textbook and exercise book
- Cost: $450 per person, excluding textbook
Chinese for Young Learners
Classes meet for 12 weeks from 5:30-6:30 p.m. on Tuesdays from Oct. 11 to Jan. 17. No classes will be held Nov. 22, Dec. 27, or Jan. 3.
- Instructor: Jia Xie, certified Chinese language instructor in Rhode Island with extensive experience in teaching Chinese to young American students
- Textbook: Chinese Paradise (汉语乐园) –The Fun Way to Learn Chinese, textbook 1A and workbook 1A
- Cost: $300 per person, excluding textbook
One-on-One Chinese Private Tutoring
Class meetings are determined by the student and the tutor
- Instructor: Bryant Chinese students who are experienced teaching Chinese to American students
- Cost: $20/hour
Please visit http://china.bryant.edu for more class and registration information.