Bryant Builds: A plan that will add more than 250,000 square feet of innovative facilities
Bryant Builds is the largest and most transformative facilities initiative since Bryant’s move from Providence to Smithfield 45 years ago, adding more than 250,000 square feet both at the Smithfield campus and in Zhuhai, China.
The dramatic new facilities for the next generation of innovative leaders are made possible by more than $15 million in leadership gifts to Bryant’s capital campaign, Expanding the World of Opportunity: The Campaign for Bryant’s Bold Future. Bryant has already raised more than $46 million toward the $75-million campaign goal, the largest fundraising effort in the University’s history.
Under the leadership of University President Ronald K. Machtley, the historic Bryant Builds initiatives include:
- A new entrance, integrated landscape, and point of arrival;
- A 50,000-square-foot Academic Innovation Center opening in fall 2016;
- A Bulldog Strength and Conditioning Center, completed in summer 2015;
- A 78,000-squre-foot Indoor Practice Facility featuring a state-of-the-art indoor turf field with a full 100 yards of turf;
- Enhancements to the Elizabeth and Malcolm Chace Wellness and Athletic Center, including a Sports Medicine and Training Center;
- Bryant University Zhuhai, a joint venture with Beijing Institute of Technology Zhuhai campus. Bryant’s Chinese partners have invested 100 percent of the capital for this project.
Learn more using these links, which open in new windows.
- Press release: Bryant Builds: A plan that will add more than 250,000 square feet of innovative facilities
- Press release: Bryant to build in Zhuhai, China, in partnership with Beijing Institute of Technology
- Press release: Historic $75 million campaign will create new model for educating innovative leaders
- Architectural renderings of Academic Innovation Center exterior and interior (credit: EYP Architecture and Engineering; high-res versions available)
- Architectural renderings of Bulldog Strength and Conditioning Center exterior 1, exterior 2, and interior (credit: Sasaki Associates, Inc.; high-res versions available)
- Architectural rendering of Indoor Practice Facility, exterior
- Architectural rendering of Bryant Zhuhai, exterior
- Photo from May 15 groundbreaking: William J. Conaty '67, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, at podium
- Photos from May 15 groundbreaking: Guests reviewing rendering - horizontal and vertical
- Photo from May 15 groundbreaking: Glenn M. Sulmasy, Provost and Chief Academic Officer, at podium
- Photos from May 15 groundbreaking: President Ronald K. Machtley at podium - v1 and v2
- Photo from May 15 groundbreaking: University Trustees with ceremonial shovels
- Video: Expanding the World of Opportunity: The Campaign for Bryant's Bold Future
- Video: Building Bryant's Innovative Academic Future - a conversation with lead architect Kip Ellis about the Academic Innovation Center (6:00 minutes)
- Video: Bryant Builds: A New Prototype in Academia - lead architect Kip Ellis offers brief comment about the Academic Innovation Center (1:21 minutes)
- Video: Bryant Builds: Bulldog Athletics
- Video: Bryant Builds: Expanding into China
- Case Statement: Expanding the World of Opportunity capital campaign
- Case Statement: Academic Innovation Center
- Case Statement: Facilities for Athletics
- Case Statement : Physician Assistant Learning Center