Bryant welcomes eight new faculty members
Bryant welcomed eight new faculty members this fall.
- Son Nguyen, Ph.D., joins the Mathematics Department as an assistant professor after receiving his doctoral degree from Ohio University. Born in Vietnam, Nguyen worked at The Vietnam Economics Time for two years, then moved to the United States to pursue graduate studies. His research topics cover a wide range of areas within and around statistics and data science. His primary research interests lie in dimensionality reduction of big data, nonparametric statistics, and semi-parametric theory. In addition to the theoretical aspects of statistics, he is interested in applying statistics to other areas such as plant biology and social science.
- Colten Hall, J.D., is a lecturer in the History and Social Sciences Department. Hall received his doctor of law degree at American University and spent a year in a fellowship at the Department of Homeland Security. The last two years, he has been teaching American law to European students at Yeditepe University in Istanbul.
- Jeff Koplik has been appointed a lecturer in the Department of Finance. He began teaching as an adjunct at Bryant in spring 2015. Koplik’s career began in the field of mechanical engineering simulation software, where he not only worked as a researcher, software developer and consultant, but also co-founded a small company that specialized in finite element analysis software sales, analysis and software customization.
- Craig Krebsbach, M.S., joined Bryant this year as a full-time lecturer in the Mathematics Department. Krebsbach previously worked part-time in Bryant’s Academic Center for Excellence while finishing his graduate studies. He will teach courses in statistics and calculus.
- William J. Lynch ’87 MST, has joined the Accounting Department as a lecturer. Lynch retired in 2014 from the Rhode Island Division of Taxation where he was a revenue agent conducting tax audits of business operating in Rhode Island. Lynch has taught at Bryant for more than 26 years as an adjunct faculty member at both the undergraduate and graduate level.
- Shawn Scott ’97, ’02 MBA has been appointed as a lecturer in the Marketing Department. Scott has more than 20 years of marketing, branding, and product development experience in the retail and travel/hospitality industries including at multinational toymaker Hasbro. Scott’s teaching experience includes advertising, branding, strategy, and global marketing.
- Mark Vozella has joined the Management Department as a lecturer. Vozella recently retired after 15 years in corporate logistics at TJX, the parent company of department stores T.J. Maxx and Marshalls. He has been an adjunct faculty at Bryant since 2014, teaching Global Foundations of Business and management courses.
- William Zywiak, Ph.D. has been appointed as a lecturer in the Mathematics Department. Zywiak has taught at Brown University and was a research assistant at the Pacific Institute for Research and Evaluation for more than 15 years. Zywiak has been the statistician for many grants from the National Institute of Health, conducting research on the prevention and treatment of problematic alcohol use, health care utilization, homelessness and more. He was recently awarded a grant to explore the impact of the Creative and Cultural Economy Initiative in Rhode Island.