Learning from experts in global business, leadership, finance
This semester, the Bryant community will have the opportunity to listen to a diverse set of industry speakers who are coming to campus to share their career experiences. These speakers don't just touch on how they achieved success; they also provide networking for students and development opportunities for faculty.
- Guillermo Quijano, P’18, director of the Bank of Panama and Director of Panamanian Projects, spoke to International Business and Global Supply Chain Management students on February 9. Quijano delivered an engaging presentation on the role of Panama in the global economy. The presentation included discussion of U.S.-Panama relations, Panama tax-free zone, the Panama Canal and post-Panamax canal lanes.
- On February 10, Dr. Julie Schell, director of OnRamps and strategic initiatives at The University of Texas at Austin's Center for Teaching and Learning, conducted a workshop for interested faculty about innovation in teaching and learning. Schell is a nationally recognized expert on pedagogical innovation including peer-to-peer instruction and flipping the classroom.
- Renowned leadership coach Jeff Boss comes to campus on March 24 to conduct a workshop with students. Boss is passionate about helping individuals, teams and organizations adapt amid constant change. He is a former Navy SEAL, a founder of the non-profit SEAL Team Fund, and a contributor to Forbes and Entrepreneur.
- George Spino ’79 MBA will be on campus March 29 to speak to the Bryant Finance Association. Spino, the Senior Managing Principal for Financial Benefit Services Corporation in South Portland, ME, is the founding partner of the firm, which provides financial planning and consulting, investment services, and insurance brokerage.
- On March 30, Jim Brady ’81, Central Region Managing Partner of Grant Thornton, will speak to International Business students. Brady has more than 30 years of experience in professional services and has served in leadership positions in global and domestic operations at Deloitte. At Grant Thornton, Brady oversees the Great Plains, Midwest, Texoma and Great Lakes market territories and serves on the firm’s Senior Leadership Team.
- Jeffrey Lake ’88, will speak to Bryant Venture students this April. Lake works for 3M and oversees Capital Safety, which designs fall protection for tools. Lake provides the operational transition for human resources, supply chain, finance, legal, sales operations, and infrastructure. Lake was the chief operating officer of Python Safety which was acquired by Capital Safety last May and by 3M last August. Bryant Ventures is a campus organization for aspiring entrepreneurs.
- Michael Amico MBA ’82, Vice President of Wealth Management for The Rochester Group, a UBS Financial Services team, will speak to the Bryant Finance Association on April 19. Amico is a registered financial advisor and portfolio manager, and was a vice president at Morgan Stanley for more than 25 years.