Success as a serial entrepreneur: Joseph M. D'Ambrose '08
Before he was 23, Joseph M. D’Ambrose ’08 had established a business with more than 200 clients.
Palm Tree Branding & Web Design, the agency D’Ambrose started while attending Bryant, is now one of Connecticut’s leading Web design, Internet marketing, and creative studios. The company maintains professional relationships with more than 400 companies and organizations worldwide. Many of his clients are fellow members of Bryant’s extensive network of accomplished alumni. During a freshman-year internship, he designed the website for a software company owned by Brian Wilson ’90 and realized this talent could lead to professional success in a client-based career.
Expedient Laundry is an enterprise D’Ambrose and three friends started as part of a first-year business class. He continues to own and operate Expedient, whose three part-time student employees deliver fresh laundry to the doors of Bryant students.
A sociology major who minored in economics and business administration, D’Ambrose continues to develop entrepreneurial ventures including:
- JMD Staffing – a creative and technical staffing company.
- GoSystems Platform— a Web-based software and content management system.
- Safe Exit Maps—a new safety company specializing in developing accurate evacuation maps for higher education institutions and healthcare facilities.
- ConsignPro Websites— a company focused exclusively on marketing consignment shops nationwide.
- Big Apple Ventures: a New York City-based venture capital firm.
D’Ambrose credits Bryant with fostering his entrepreneurial drive and with preparing him “to go out with confidence and take on the world.”