The Class of 2020 by the numbers
MONEY’s 2016-2017 Best Colleges rankings place Bryant at No. 30 among "50 Best Colleges That Add the Most Value,” noting that Bryant "is a school with rising reputation… turning heads in college rankings."
Reflective of this and other exceptional national rankings, Bryant’s Office of Enrollment Management realized its largest applicant pool ever this year. The number of applicants – 7,316 – is an increase of 611 applications over last year. From that pool, 847 first-year students joined the University’s Class of 2020 this fall. They represent a highly qualified group that reflect impressive academic achievement and significant community service experience.
The class was selected from among Bryant's largest applicant pool ever.
The increase in applications is tied to a number of factors, including the value of a Bryant education and its stellar return on investment: 99 percent of the Class of 2015 was employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of graduation. The median starting salary of the Class of 2015 is $55,000.
Approximately 100 transfer students are also expected to become members of Bryant’s close-knit community in the upcoming academic year.
- Nearly half of all students applied Early Action or Early Decision.
- Seventy-five percent of the incoming class declared a major within the College of Business, where the top five programs are International Business, Finance, Accounting, Marketing, and Management.
- Sixteen percent of incoming students declared a major within the College of Arts and Sciences, where the top five programs are Actuarial Mathematics, Economics, Biology, Psychology, and Communication.
Key facts about the Class of 2020
- 3.47: Average GPA
- 1170: Average SAT
- 65% took AP courses
- Top 26%: Class rank
- 30 U.S. states represented
- 15%: Students of color
- 7.1%: International students from 21 countries and territories
- Top 5 countries represented: India, China, Ecuador, Turkey, Venezuela