Commuter Student Services
Students who do not live on campus have an organization geared to their interests, and a place they can meet, plan activities, and just relax between classes. The Commuter Connection office is located on the third floor of the Bryant Center. Meetings are held every other Wednesday at 12 p.m. in the Heritage Room of the Bryant Center.
The organization sponsors Commuter Week, as well as other events throughout the academic year to facilitate participation in campus activities and to help commuters meet other students.
Tips for Commuters
The National Association for College Admission Counseling (NACAC) offers these tips to help commuters become more involved in the campus community:
- Study on-campus after classes and on the weekends
- Organize regular study groups
- Include time to meet with your professors in your everyday schedule
- Get involved in a student club or organization
- Join an intramural sports team
- Participate in student government
- Eat in the dining halls
- Make an effort to meet new people from different backgrounds
- Make friends with people who live in the residence halls
- Take public transportation or car pool so that you have more time to study
- Work on campus