Disability Services

In compliance with federal law, Bryant University supports students who self-identify with disabilities and provide documentation of their disability from an appropriate source.

If you have a disability, professional staff members will serve as your advocate and will assist you in achieving equal access to all University programs and services. If you have any disabilities that may require accommodations, it is your responsibility to contact the designated office. Contact information for each of the designated offices is at right.

Learning disability and ADHD services

Our Academic Success Programs are dedicated to serving the needs of students with learning disabilities and ADHD.

If you have a learning disability, you will need to submit documentation (see below for links to .pdfs of guideline) and request academic accommodations through the Academic Center for Excellence . Comprehensive documentation completed within the past three years must address the current impact of disability on your academic performance. You are encouraged to submit your documentation after your acceptance and decision to enroll at Bryant. At the start of each semester, you will need to meet with someone from our staff  to discuss your academic needs and request reasonable accommodations.

In keeping with our philosophy of empowering Bryant students to achieve their goals of academic success, you also will receive assistance in learning how to access the comprehensive academic support services offered by the Academic Success Programs.

Learning disabilities documentation guidelines

The Academic Center for Excellence provides academic accommodations for students with documented disabilities in compliance with Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990, and the ADAAA of 2008.

For physical disabilities contact:
Judy Farrell in Health Services
phone: (401) 232-6220
TDD: (401) 231-2860.

If you have a permanent or temporary physical disability and would like a handicapped parking pass, contact the Department of Public Safety, (401) 232-6001.

For psychiatric or psychological disabilities contact:
William Phillips, director, Counseling Services
Phone: (401) 232-6045

For learning disabilities contact:
Laurie Hazard, director, Academic Center for Excellence
phone: (401) 232-6746