The mission of the Douglas and Judith Krupp Library is to collect, organize, and provide access to information resources and library services that are central to the University's academic mission. To effect this goal, the library strives to:
- Provide a balanced, up-to date collection based on academic programs
- Instruct students in library research and the use of library resources
- Provide a student centered, user friendly atmosphere
- Support an environment of life-long learning and information literacy
- Preserve Bryant's institutional history and artistic collections
- Provide a user friendly, skilled staff that embraces technology and change
- Participate in resource sharing with other institutions
The library also recognizes the recreational and entertainment needs of the Bryant community and recognizes the role these needs play in the life-long learning process.
Bryant is thrilled to have received funding from the Ernest E. Stempel Foundation in support of the Douglas and Judith Krupp Library. Through their generosity we have been able to significantly expand access to electronic and print resources for students and faculty. The Foundation helped fund the acquisition of the following:
ARTstor is a digital library of more than one million images in the areas of art, architecture, the humanities, and social sciences with a set of tools to view, present, and manage images for research and pedagogical purposes.
JSTOR Arts & Sciences IV
This database collection focuses on journals in the professions of business, education and law, and also includes titles in psychology and public policy and administration.
JSTOR Arts & Sciences V
This database includes literary reviews and state historical journals and journals in the arts and humanities, such as philosophy, history, classics, religion, art and art history, and language and literature.
Reader's Guide Retrospective
This online historical index covers leading magazines from 1890-1982 providing citations for articles in a range of disciplines.
The Ernest E. Stempel Foundation has also provided funding for print and electronic books for business and the arts & sciences.