Health & Wellness
Bryant University Health Services is committed to your overall well-being, and our goal is to help you become a full and active participant in your health care.
Health education and on-site medical care are provided by a physician, nurse practitioners, and professional health educators.
The health services program emphasizes prevention of health problems and offers direct health services on campus combined with referrals to hospitals and specialists. We strive to support students in developing a healthy lifestyle that includes eating well, getting enough sleep, exercising, and reducing stress in order to promote success inside and outside of the classroom.
All students who are registered for classes at Bryant University have access to health care at Health Services and there is no fee for services offered. Health insurance is required for all Bryant students.
The Department of Health Services provides routine and acute care including:
- Treatment of illnesses and Injuries
- Colds, coughs, upper respiratory infections, sinus infections, abdominal pain, urine infections, skin rashes, sprains, strains, muscle pulls, lacerations, minor surgical procedures
- Men’s Health Care
- Genital, testicular exams, hernia problems, discussion on supplements, steroid use and the effects
- Women's Health Care
- Annual exam-pap smear, breast exam, contraceptive counseling, follow up of sexual assault, pregnancy tests
- STI/STD Testing Treatment and Counseling
- HIV Testing Counseling
- TB Skin Testing and Documentation for Employment
- Nutrition and Diet Counseling
- Support Services for Persons with Physical Disabilities
- Contact: Judy Farrell (401) 232-6220 TDD: (401) 231-2860.
- If you have a permanent or temporary physical disability and would like a handicapped parking pass, contact the Department of Public Safety, (401) 232-6001.
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Wellness Exams and Preventative Services
- Discussions of your personal health concerns with the objective of helping you maintain good health throughout your life
- Coordinated Care with Current Providers and Specialists
- Assist with appointments or consults with needed specialist such as dental, orthopedic, dermatology, or allergy and help coordinate your care
- Work with your previous providers to continue the care and treatment they have advised and developed for you
- Laboratory Services
- A phlebotomist comes daily to Health Services from Roger Williams Hospital and will draw blood or collect specimens either ordered by our clinical staff or by your primary care provider
- Order and administer any vaccine that you need. Payment is needed in advance for the vaccine(cash or credit card)
- Travel Health
- Schedule an appointment to discuss your travel plans and medical needs
- Variety of over the counter medications and items
- Educational workshops/programs and awareness activities
- One on one health behavior change consultations
- Bryant H.E.A.L. (Health Education Awareness Leaders)
- Bryant University's Healthy Campus Initiative
New Student Health Forms
In order to meet Rhode Island state law requirements, all full-time freshman and transfer students (including commuters) must complete and submit the following health forms and submit to Health Services no later than August 1, 2014, for fall semester and January 1, 2015, for spring semester. Failure to meet this deadline will result in a medical HOLD on your account.
All forms can be found by logging into myBryant and clicking on the Medicat logo.
Forms that must be completed by students and submitted online:
- Health history
- Immunization input
- Informed consent
- Health insurance information (including an uploaded copy of the front and back of the card)
- Emergency contacts
Forms that must be completed by your health care provider and uploaded to Medicat:
- Physical exam (within one year of Bryant entry; within six months for athletes)
- Immunization record - including the following requirements: -- MMR (Measles/Mumps/Rubella) - 2 doses required (dose 1 after first birthday)
- -- Tetanus/Diptheria - within past 10 years (Tdap preferred)
- -- Hepatitis B - 3 doses required
- -- Varicella (Chicken Pox) - 2 doses required or history of disease
GRADUATE STUDENTS: Input immunizations online and upload a copy of the immunization record.
If you have any questions as you complete these forms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Health Services at 401-232-6220