Health & Wellness
Bryant University Health Services is committed to your overall well-being, and our goal is to help you become a full and active participant in your health care.
Health education and on-site medical care are provided by a physician, nurse practitioners, and professional health educators.
The health services program emphasizes prevention of health problems and offers direct health services on campus combined with referrals to hospitals and specialists. We strive to support students in developing a healthy lifestyle that includes eating well, getting enough sleep, exercising, and reducing stress in order to promote success inside and outside of the classroom.
Visits are free of charge to all full-time students. In the event of an emergency, EMTs are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
Accident and sickness insurance is required for all Bryant students.
Visits and medical records are kept confidential and maintained separately from academic records. Only in a true emergency or with written consent of a student is information shared, as we strive to help students become full participants in their own health care.
The Department of Health Services provides routine and acute care including:
- Treatment of illnesses and Injuries
- Colds, coughs, upper respiratory infections, sinus infections, abdominal pain, urine infections, skin rashes, sprains, strains, muscle pulls, lacerations, minor surgical procedures
- Men’s Health Care
- Genital, testicular exams, hernia problems, discussion on supplements, steroid use and the effects
- Women's Health Care
- Women's health exams, STI screening, birth control counseling
- STI/STD Testing Treatment and Counseling
- HIV Testing Counseling
- TB Skin Testing and Documentation for Employment
- Nutrition and Diet Counseling
- Support Services for Persons with Physical Disabilities
- Contact: Judy Farrell (401) 232-6220 TDD: (401) 231-2860.
- If you have a permanent or temporary physical disability and would like a handicapped parking pass, contact the Department of Public Safety, (401) 232-6001.
- Blood Pressure Checks
- Wellness Exams and Preventative Services
- Discussions of your personal health concerns with the objective of helping you maintain good health throughout your life
- Coordinated Care with Current Providers and Specialists
- Assist with appointments or consults with needed specialist such as dental, orthopedic, dermatology, or allergy and help coordinate your care
- Work with your previous providers to continue the care and treatment they have advised and developed for you
- Laboratory Services
- A phlebotomist comes daily to Health Services from Roger Williams Hospital and will draw blood or collect specimens either ordered by our clinical staff or by your primary care provider
- Order and administer any vaccine that you need. Payment is needed in advance for the vaccine(cash or credit card)
- Travel Health
- Schedule an appointment to discuss your travel plans and medical needs
- Variety of over the counter medications and items
- Educational workshops/programs and awareness activities
- One on one health behavior change consultations
- Bryant H.E.A.L. (Health Education Awareness Leaders)
- Bryant University's Healthy Campus Initiative
New Student Health Forms
In order to meet Rhode Island state law requirements, all full-time freshman and transfer students (including commuters) must complete and submit the following health forms and submit to Health Services no later than July 15, 2015, for fall semester and January 15, 2016, for spring semester. Failure to meet this deadline will result in a medical HOLD on your account and the inability to register for classes.
All forms can be found by logging into myBryant and clicking on the Medicat logo.
Forms that must be completed by students and submitted online:
- Health history
- Immunization input
- Informed consent
- Health insurance information (including an uploaded copy of the front and back of the card)
- Emergency contacts
Forms that must be completed by your health care provider and uploaded to Medicat:
- Physical exam (within one year of Bryant entry; within six months for athletes)
- Immunization record - including the following requirements: -- MMR (Measles/Mumps/Rubella) - 2 doses required (dose 1 after first birthday)
- -- Tetanus/Diptheria - within past 10 years (Tdap preferred)
- -- Hepatitis B - 3 doses required
- -- Varicella (Chicken Pox) - 2 doses required or history of disease
- -- Meningitis - 1 dose (unless dose 1 was given before age 16)
GRADUATE STUDENTS: Input immunizations online and upload a copy of the immunization record.
If you have any questions as you complete these forms, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or contact Health Services at 401-232-6220