What to Bring
Bryant’s residence halls are spacious, but they won’t accommodate everything you may want to have for the full year. Try to pack light and coordinate with roommates to avoid bringing multiples of large items.
What to Bring?
Cleaning and Laundry Supplies
What not to bring
What Not to Bring
Many home and linen supply stores offer shopping lists for dorm life. Some items on these lists are unnecessary, and even prohibited, on campus. Prohibited items in residence halls include but are NOT limited to:
- Any heat-producing appliances including hot plates, rice cookers, heating/immersion coils, electric fry pans, toasters, toaster ovens, and microwave ovens
- Refrigerators larger than 4 cubic feet
- Halogen lamps and 5-headed floor lamps
- Extension cords. Please use a surge protector instead
- Candles and incense (lit or unlit)
- Lofts, bars, cinder blocks, or any extra furniture (including tables)
- Wooden drying racks (plastic or metal is acceptable)
- Rugs of any kind
- Weights Dartboards/darts
- Traffic or neon signs
- Water beds, hot tubs, or kiddie pools
- Motorcycles, mopeds, or other gas powered vehicles
- Fireworks/Explosives, ammunition, firearms, BB guns, knives or any other type of weapon
- Kegalators, keg refrigerators, taps or funnels, or any other drug/alcohol paraphernalia
- Animals of any kind, except non-carnivorous small fish. Review the student handbook for tank requirements
- Deep freeze units
The University reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to deem other items prohibited. For more information about what to bring to campus, or questions about the residence halls, please contact the Office of Residence Life at email@example.com or 401-232-6140.