Jillian Donlon '19
When Jillian Donlon ’19 saw that Bryant was adding a Data Sciences program, she jumped at the opportunity.
“Not only is the field experiencing tremendous growth, but it's fun,” she says. “I can combine my computer and analytical skills with creative thinking in applying any kind of data into usable insights.”
Bryant launched its Bachelor of Science in Data Science (B.S.D.S) program in response to the growing demand for data science and analysts. In a recent McKinsey & Company survey, approximately half of executives across geographies and industries reported greater difficulty recruiting analytical talent than filling any other kind of role.
"Studying Data Science at Bryant, I have gathered a comprehensive set of skills from big data storage, wrangling, modeling, and visualization to project management and programming. The program has connected me with impactful and motivational data science mentors and resources."
For instance, after speaking with a Hasbro representative at a Bryant career fair, Donlon was offered, and accepted, an internship in the company's digital technology department. As the international digital coordinator, she assisted with global market localization including text translation, country-specific guidelines and image customization, and communicating with global business partners to coordinate delivery of digital business requests.
Today, Donlon is Title Risk Assurance Associate at PwC.
Real World Experience
International Digital Coordinator, Hasbro
• Assisted with global market localization including text translation, country-specific guidelines and image customization
Technology Co-Op in Data Analytics, FM Global
- Report to Analytics & Reporting Technology manager and team for diverse projects
- Perform analysis and build PowerBI dashboards for clients
- Develop SharePoint communication site for our new department
- Software R&D and POC for variety of open source and propriety software (h2o.ai, DataRobot, Datawatch Monarch, SAS JMP Pro)
- Perform smoke tests and small bug fixes on monthly patch updates
Student Alumni Association, Membership Director
• Sent weekly emails, recruit and train new members, plan retreats, and organize district conference attendance
Fidelity Data Analytics Competition
• Placed first in Bryant’s spring 2017 Fidelity Data Analytics Research Competition
Bryant Collegiate Entrepreneurs Organization
• Managed Bryant’s 2015 CEO E-pitch event directing 72 student teams
A Connected Community
Bryant's purposeful student life delivers co-curricular immersion with an inspiring, collegial community. Students forge deep connections that last a lifetime.