At a Glance
Bryant is a private New England university with a tradition of innovation and a global vision for success. Our academic programs are distinguished by an integration of business and the arts and sciences with a global perspective.
- University mission: Educate and inspire students to discover their passion and become innovative leaders with character around the world.
- Bryant was founded in 1863 .
- Bryant's academic programs are distinguished by an integration of business and the arts and sciences with a global perspective.
- Located on 435 acres in Smithfield, RI, Bryant is just 12 miles from Providence and 50 miles from Boston
- The College of Business offers business specialties pairing the depth and breadth of a large business school with the individual attention found on small college campuses. The College of Arts and Sciences programs combine understanding of theory with skills that prepare students to make meaningful contributions immediately upon graduation.
- Bryant's Graduate School of Business offers advanced degrees in business administration, taxation, and accounting. The College of Arts and Sciences offers graduate degrees and post-graduate programs in communication and global environmental studies. The School of Health Sciences offers a master's degree in physician assistant studies* (*provisional accreditation)
- The Honorable Ronald K. Machtley has served as Bryant's president since June 1996.
- 81% of undergraduates reside on campus in single-sex and coed residence halls, suites, and townhouse apartments (2015-2016 data)
- 41% of students are female (2015-2016 data)
- 8% of students are international (2015-2016 data)
- Bryant offers nearly 100 courses of study.
- Average class size: 24 students; student/faculty ratio: 13.8:1
- All classes are taught by faculty, not teaching assistants or graduate students.
- Faculty are dedicated to teaching and are active with scholarly research.
- Full-time faculty with highest degree in their field: 81.3% (Fall 2014 data)
- Six master's programs – MBA, MPAc, MST, MSGES, MAComm, MSPAS* (*provisional accreditation)
- Undergraduate Student Profile - Class of 2021