Hassenfeld Institute for Public Leadership
The Hassenfeld Institute for Public Leadership provides public officials and community leaders with the tools and skills needed to make informed decisions and manage responsive organizations effectively. Our custom programs enable state and local leaders to access university-level education in innovative leadership practices while engaging in robust discussion with their peers.
The Institute offers a variety of conferences, workships, and specialized programs in the areas of:
- Negotiation, conflict resolution and compromise
- Transitioning from campaigning to governing
- Ethics and accountability
- Fiscal policies
- Crisis management and decision-making
- Public engagement
The Hassenfeld Institute for Public Leadership draws on the renowned expertise of Bryant University faculty as well as outside experts who serve as speakers, panelists and presenters.
- Gary Sasse, Executive Director
- Cynthia Elder, Assistant Director
- Melissa Prosky, Ph.D., Case Study Writer
- Allison G. Butler, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Applied Psychology
- Lori A. Coakley, Ph.D., Professor, Management
- Richard Holtzman, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Political Science
- Michael A. Roberto, D.B.A., Professor, Management
- Elzotbek Rustambekov, Ph.D., Assistant Professor, Management
- James Segovis, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Management
- Edinaldo Tebaldi, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Economics
- Angela Wicks, Ph.D., Associate Professor, Management
- “Rhode Island Credit Union Crisis.” Melissa S. Prosky, Ph.D., Hassenfeld Institute for Public Leadership. ©
- “One Town, One Budget: How Mansfield, Mass. Managed School Funding During a Time of Economic Crisis.” Melissa S. Prosky, Ph.D., Hassenfeld Institute for Public Leadership. © 2017
- “Response to School Resource Officer Crisis at Tolman High School.” Melissa S. Prosky, Hassenfeld Institute for Public Leadership. ©2016
To request a free download of a case study, contact Cindy Elder at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Art of the Real Deal: Responsiveness vs. Responsibility
- Friday, June 29, 2018
- 8 am to 1 pm
- Academic Innovation Center, Bryant University
- State Business Rankings: A Primer – A summary and evaluation of commonly cited indices used to measure the business climate of states, with current rankings for Rhode Island and its New England neighbors.
- "Bryant Survey Shows Support for Bond Issue," The Providence Journal, Feb. 26, 2018, pg. A1 (pdf)
- 2018 Rhode Island Education Survey (pdf)
- “Make Rhode Island All It Can Be,” The Valley Breeze , Feb. 8-14, 2018 (pdf)
- 2017 Annual Report of the Hassenfeld Institute for Public Leadership (pdf)
- Five Things Successful Governors Do (pdf)
- Five Years of Making a Difference (pdf)
- Job One: Voters Guide (pdf; interactive version available here )
The Hassenfeld Institute for Public Leadership is supported by a gift from Hassenfeld Family Initiatives.
Unistructure Building, Bryant University 1150 Douglas Pike Smithfield, RI 02917