Develop advanced Chinese language proficiency and an understanding of Chinese culture in small, interactive classes to succeed in the global marketplace. Offered as a major and minor.
Develop your knowledge of Chinese culture, history, and business practices through immersive courses, cultural opportunities, and creative productions as well as exceptional study abroad opportunities as early as your sophomore year.
- Immerse yourself in courses that integrate culture, history, literature and authentic events into the learning experience and introduce you to business discourse.
- Engage in Bryant's extensive study abroad programs as early as sophomore year – which allow you to study in hundreds of academic institutions, including Bryant Zhuhai.
- Enhance your Chinese speaking and comprehension skills in our language lab and through student organizations.
- Engage in rich educational and cultural programs through Bryant’s internationally recognized U.S.-China Institute.
Offered asMajor | Minor
CollegeCollege of Arts & Sciences
DepartmentDepartment of Modern Languages
More InformationCourse Catalog U.S.-China Institute
- A strong foundation integrating business, STEM fields and the liberal arts develops critical 21st century skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Every student graduates with a major and a complementary minor, gaining a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through experiential learning.
- Whether you begin a career or continue your education after graduation, Bryant credentials prepare impact thinkers who are in high demand and prepared to contribute and make a difference.
The Bryant Difference
99 percent of Bryant graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
U.S. News & World Report 2023 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 7 in the Regional Universities North category.
Top 1% ROI
For lifetime earnings and ROI -- Georgetown University CEW
Where Our Students Go
Graduates of Bryant's Chinese program go on to prestigious graduate programs and are in demand by business, industry, and nonprofit organizations.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished Chinese alumni to explore different paths.
- Secure an internship through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities with recruiters from 400+ prestigious organizations at on-campus career fairs.
- Bryant Dragon Dance Team
- Global China Connection
- International Student Organization
- Model United Nations
- Management 200 service-learning class
- Study abroad during your junior year at Bryant Zhuhai in Shanghai, or in other prestigious programs in China
- Participate in dozens of cultural events planned through Bryant's U.S.-China Institute, for instance, Chinese Culture Night at WaterFire, Chinese New Year Celebration, Mid-Autumn Festival
- Work with the U.S.-China Institute
- Collaborate with Bryant's John H. Chafee Center for International Business
- Present original research at Research and Engagement Day
1150 Douglas Pike
Smithfield, RI 02917