Sophomore International Experience
When it comes to transformational academic programs, our students frequently cite the innovative Sophomore International Experience (SIE), during which you'll learn firsthand about the cultures and commerce in other countries.
The three-credit course, held during winter and summer breaks, begins the semester before departure with an introduction to cultural norms, historical reading and analysis, language study, and art appreciation.
Since it began in 2007, more than 2,014 Bryant sophomores have taken part in this enriching course, which begins weeks before your departure with an introduction to cultural norms, historical reading and analysis, language study, and art appreciation. Your international experience will include faculty and staff who guide you on a journey of discovery.
Having this experience early in your academic career may inspire you to pursue additional study abroad and/or an international internship: 44 percent of Bryant students who choose to study abroad for a semester or a year have first been on an SIE trip.
Upcoming SIE trips
- Argentina and Chile – Doing Business in Latin America: Challenges and Opportunities
- China – Discover the Real China: Culture and Business
- Italy – Artisans, Innovation and Design: Perspectives on Design and Innovation in the Italian Arts, Architecture and Culture
- Malaysia and Singapore – International Business and Culture in Asia
- Israel - The Startup Capital of the World
- Prague and Budapest – Communication and Culture
- South Africa – Culture, Politics, and Rapid Economic Development
Cost and financial aid
The cost of the Sophomore International Experience is $4,500. A limited amount of financial aid is available through Santander Universities International Experience grants. To be eligible, grant applicants must demonstrate eligibility for need-based federal financial assistance as determined by the Office of Financial Aid.