Bryant Builds: A plan that will add more than 250,000 square feet of innovative facilities
For more than 150 years, Bryant has delivered an exceptional education that anticipates the future, and our future students, in a changing world. From classrooms to residence halls, the library to playing fields, every inch of Bryant works 24/7 in support of our educational mission.
To create the world-class learning environment that aligns with our goals for Bryant’s bold future, we are enhancing our academic and athletic facilities to become the best in class—with innovation as a central theme in architecture and pedagogy.
These domestic and international facilities will inspire excellence. In the next year we will add more than 250,000 square feet both at the Smithfield campus and in Zhuhai, China.
- Earlier this spring, Bryant celebrated the grand opening of its new School of Health Sciences Physician Assistant Learning Center.
- A groundbreaking Academic Innovation Center, designed for a new generation of pedagogy, will open the doors to new forms of teaching and learning, creating an unmatched environment for our College of Business and College of Arts and Sciences. When this unique academic facility opens in fall 2016, it will serve as a landmark forum for defining what we teach and how we teach it.
- The Bulldog Strength and Performance Center, scheduled to be completed in summer 2015, will benefit the more than 550 student-athletes who train and compete on Bryant’s 22 NCAA Division I teams 365 days a year, allowing them to reach their maximum potential and significantly reducing risk of injury. The new facility will also assist our coaches in recruiting the highest caliber of student-athlete to Bryant University.
- The Indoor Practice Facility has been designed to rival similar facilities at NCAA Big 5 conference institutions. When completed, Bryant will become the only private Division I school in New England to have a state-of-the-art, permanent, indoor turf practice facility. With 78,000 square feet and a full 100 yards of turf, teams will be able to train and compete at the highest levels throughout the year, despite inclement weather.
- Enhancements to the Elizabeth and Malcolm Chace Wellness and Athletic Center are included in the plan.
- The new facility at the Beijing Institute of Technology, Zhuhai, is a joint venture with Beijing Institute of Technology Zhuhai campus. Ground was broken in March, with completion expected by March 2016. Our Chinese partners have invested all of the capital for this project.