MEDIA ADVISORY: Academic Innovation Center Grand Opening
- WHAT: Grand Opening of Bryant University's trailblazing Academic Innovation Center, answering the call for innovative leaders prepared with skills essential for the 21st century. The event will feature tours of the facility.
- WHEN and WHERE: Friday, September 23, 2016, 1-1:30 p.m., 1150 Douglas Pike, Smithfield, RI, 02917
- WHO: Bryant leaders, students, faculty, staff, alumni, and Board of Trustees; Smithfield leaders including Smithfield Town Manager Dennis Finlay; U.S. Sen. Jack Reed, R.I. State Senate President Theresa Paiva Weed, and R.I. Lt. Gov. Daniel J. McKee; Academic Innovation Center project contributors including lead architect Kip Ellis of EYP Architecture & Engineering and Robert Murray, president of Bond Brothers Construction; and R.I. business leaders including Helena Foulkes, president of CVS Pharmacy and Executive VP, CVS Health.
- INTERVIEW OPPORTUNITIES: There will be opportunities for brief interviews with Bryant leaders and faculty at the conclusion of the program. Please call in advance.
PROGRAM (subject to change)
- Remarks from Bryant University President Ronald K. Machtley
- Remarks from Sen. Jack Reed
- Remarks from Chair of the University Board of Trustees and Campaign Co-Chair Bill Conaty '67
- Ribbon-cutting ceremony
- Refreshments and student-led tours of the facility
- Photo, Academic Innovation Center, September 2016: exterior horizontal (credit: Victoria Arocho)
- Event program
- Press release, Sept. 1, 2016; contains quotes from President Ronald K. Machtley; Edward Kairiss, Ph.D., Bryant Director of Faculty Development and Innovation; and Provost Glenn Sulmasy, J.D., LL.M.
- Academic Innovation Center Information Guide
- Architectural renderings exterior and interior (credit: EYP Architecture and Engineering; high-res versions available)
- Photo from May 15, 2015, groundbreaking: William J. Conaty '67, Chairman of the Board of Trustees, at podium
- Photos from May 15, 2015, groundbreaking: Guests reviewing rendering - horizontal and vertical
- Photo from May 15, 2015, groundbreaking: Glenn M. Sulmasy, Provost and Chief Academic Officer, at podium
- Photos from May 15, 2015, groundbreaking: President Ronald K. Machtley at podium - v1 and v2
- Photo from May 15, 2015, groundbreaking: University Trustees with ceremonial shovels
- Video: Building Bryant's Innovative Academic Future - a conversation with lead architect Kip Ellis (6:00 minutes)
- Video: Bryant Builds: A New Prototype in Academia - lead architect Kip Ellis offers brief comment about the Academic Innovation Center (1:21 minutes)
- Video: Academic Innovation Center in Three Words - lead architect Kip Ellis ( :49 seconds)
- Case Statement: Academic Innovation Center