Hochberg Women's Center
The Gertrude Meth Hochberg Women’s Center is committed to enhancing the quality of life for the community of women at Bryant University by providing a forum for all students to discuss issues facing women, both on campus and in business and society.
The Center engages the campus community in meaningful discussions surrounding women’s empowerment, gender, and sexuality, and works toward full participation of women in the life of the University. Our programs, resources, and services help to support the increasing number of women-identified students on campus.
- Women's HERstory Month
- The Vagina Monologues
- Programs raising awareness about domestic violence, sexual assault, body positivity
- Collaboration with faculty and student organizations to strengthen co-curricular education and foster Bryant’s student-centered learning environment
- Advocacy Helpline (401-258-4209) and on-campus advocates to provide guidance, support, and empowerment during the academic year to survivors of violence
- Trainings and workshops focused on issues related to women’s awareness and empowerment, healthy relationships, and violence prevention
- A library of films, videos, and books on women's and gender issues
- Referrals to health and social agencies in Rhode Island
- Free safe sex materials for Bryant community members
Related Student Organizations
- Bryant’s Alliance for Women’s Awareness strives to provide opportunities for individuals of all genders to interact, promote awareness, and openly discuss topics of interest. Membership is open to all members of the Bryant community.
- Her Campus Bryant, a branch of HerCampus.com, is an online magazine for the college women of Bryant. Content is written by Bryant students, and supplements the national content of HerCampus.com.