Experiential Learning and Collaboration
Be a problem-solver
Experiential learning, or real-world experiences where students apply concepts learned in class, is a hallmark of your experience as a Bryant student. While many schools offer experiential learning, Bryant's innovative educational model features these experiences throughout the curriculum, often in strategic partnerships with businesses and organizations, starting your very first year.
These hands-on opportunities are how we ensure your learning is enhanced, along with your career credentials. You'll form invaluable mentoring relationships with industry expert faculty, and you'll gain exposure to professionals and organizations. Plus, you'll develop your creative problem-solving, collaboration, and innovation skills — considered essential in a world that's never been more interconnected, and fast-moving.
Corporate Partnerships & Strategic Affiliations
Bryant has developed strategic alliances and partnerships with regional businesses, community organizations, multinational corporations, and global institutions that you'll experience through your courses and beyond.
- Create and pitch your own business and marketing plan to investors in your first year
- Follow with work with nonprofits
- Then you may serve as a portfolio manager of our own $2.8 million Archway Investment fund, perform research funded by organizations, generate innovative ideas for well-known companies using design thinking, or act as a consultant in our international business practicum or social media marketing course, and more
Competitions & Challenges
High-caliber academic competitions are part of our innovative learning experience. Bryant students have competed successfully against Ivy League schools and other avid competitors in regional, national, and international academic competitions.
- Compete in intercollegiate competitions
- Implement the Bryant Method of design thinking in our IDEA program
- Take on our PwC Challenge
From our international-focused curriculum and programs to our affiliations with international corporations to our strategic partnerships with a top university in China, you'll learn and experience the interconnectedness of world cultures and economies.
- Partake in course-related international travel with faculty
- Solve problems for actual companies in courses like our Global Supply Chain Management Practicum or our International Business Practicum
- From 2 weeks to a semester or a full year abroad, take advantage of our international learning opportunities
Throughout your time at Bryant, you'll put your ideas into action in ways that benefit communities and society. Combine the ideals of volunteering, self-reflection, and community engagement, and see the impact of your ideas on people that need them.
In addition to several classes focused on service, you’ll have abundant opportunities to help local communities with your time, energy, and hands-on efforts. Through service opportunities, our students have:
- Created a nonprofit foundation to help a Boston Marathon bomb survivor realize his dream;
- Changed the tax status of an animal rescue farm;
- Provided marketable skills to incarcerated youth;
- Designed courses to assist first-generation college students;
- Taught English and computer skills to residents of a fishing village in the Dominican Republic.
When you connect your learning in class to service projects in the community, you’ll discover more about yourself, your values, and what you have to offer the world.
In both the College of Business and College of Arts and Sciences, you'll have opportunities to collaborate with faculty and perform and publish original research—whether you'd like to investigate the effectiveness of startup accelerators or environmental changes seen in Cenozoic fossil conifers.
- Discover novel antibiotics as part of a student research team
- Investigate climate change in a study funded by the National Science Foundation
- Or pursue your project in various student research experiences