Master of Science in Actuarial Science Online
Understand the multi-disciplinary nature of actuarial science, develop a holistic perspective of risk management, and be on track to earn your Associateship designation.
Now Enrolling for August 2023
Why choose a career in actuarial science?
The need for strong actuaries has never been greater. According to the Bureau of Labor Statistics, actuarial positions are projected to grow 21% in the next decade, with a median annual wage of $105,900. By earning an advanced degree and passing more professional actuarial exams, MSAS graduates have ample opportunities to accelerate their careers and increase their salaries.
Actuaries also maintain a desirable work-life balance in both remote and on-site positions across the insurance, healthcare, technology, and financial services industries. Expect to pursue jobs as an actuarial analyst or consultant, risk analyst, economist, insurance underwriter, financial analyst, predictive modeler, or auditor—just to name a few.
Why earn your MSAS at Bryant?
- Study on your schedule. Bryant offers one of the nation’s only online, asynchronous graduate programs in actuarial science. With five different start terms and 10-week courses, this program is perfect for working professionals. Earn your degree in as little as one year or move at a part-time pace—whatever works best for you.
- Network with accredited faculty. Bryant has four certified actuaries on its faculty, including a Fellow with the Casualty Actuarial Society (CAS) and Associates of both the Society of Actuaries (SOA) and the CAS. You’ll receive dedicated career support and mentorship from industry leaders and benefit from their professional networks.
- Learn from our specialized curriculum. You’ll be on track to earn your associateship designation from the CAS or SOA, whether you have a background in actuarial science or not. Bryant’s foundational curriculum is specifically designed for exam preparation and career advancement. You’ll also complete a course in Scientific and Technical Communication, a differentiator in the curriculum that prepares you for the real-world need of communicating technical information to a broader audience.
- The Bryant Difference. There’s a reason Bryant consistently ranks in the top 1% for ROI—we are committed to your success. Whether you want a personalized learning experience, need extra assistance for actuary exams, or are looking for connections with our extensive faculty and alumni network, Bryant supports you every step of the way.
Am I a good fit for the program?
Our MSAS program meets your needs if you already have an actuarial science background or if you are transitioning from another field, such as math, statistics, finance, or economics. If you’ve started on the path toward actuarial certification, we’ll help you prepare for advanced exams while simultaneously earning a graduate degree—all relatively quickly. You’ll connect with credentialed faculty and a supportive network along the way. This program is also a great fit for professionals with a math or finance background looking for a career change. Our foundational curriculum and dedicated faculty will help you begin your new career journey and set you up for success.
Wondering if the MSAS is right for you?
Reach out to our graduate admission office for more information today:
Assistant Director, Online Programs
Phone: (401) 232-6207
CollegeCollege of Arts & Sciences
The Bryant Difference
Receive personalized support from our accredited faculty members.
Learn online and at your own pace—great for working professionals.
Top 1% ROI
Bryant ranks in the top 1% for lifetime earnings and ROI.
2023-2024 Academic Year*
$2,925 per 3-credit course ($975 per credit)
* Tuition rates are subject to annual change based on approval by the Board of Trustees, typically in the spring of the preceding academic year.
Our faculty are dedicated to your success. They excel as mentors, distinguished educators, and award-winning industry leaders who share their experience and expertise to help you take your career to the next level. Our faculty includes active consultants and scholars in the actuarial field, a Fellow with the Casualty Actuarial Society, and Associates of both the Society of Actuaries and the Casualty Actuarial Society. Among them is:
Professor of Mathematics and Department Chair
1150 Douglas Pike
Smithfield, RI 02917