Prepare for law school with the help of accomplished mentors as you study your chosen areas of interest from a range of academic programs.
Our Pre-Law program is designed to educate you about law as a career as well as the process of applying to law school. As you build a strong academic record in your chosen area of study, your Pre-Law Advisor will work with you to discuss course options, the process of applying to law school, internship opportunities, and networking events.
- Benefit from personalized attention, including a dedicated Pre-Law Advisor to support with law school explorations or application process. Our faculty offer strategies to facilitate navigating the LSAT.
- Bryant is nationally recognized for an innovative curriculum at the intersection of business, liberal arts, and health and behavioral sciences. This unique blend prepares you with the critical thinking skills and real-world experience needed to position you for success in law school.
- The American Bar Association does not recommend any specific undergraduate major to prepare for a legal education, and students are admitted to law school from almost all disciplines.
3+3 Juris Doctor
- A partnership with Villanova University provides direct-entry admission of qualified Bryant students to pursue a doctorate of law at Villanova's Charles Widger School of Law.
- You will complete your undergraduate requirements in either three (qualified juniors) or four years at Bryant, before enrolling at Villanova for three years with a guaranteed scholarship.
- Learn more about the 3+3 and 4+3 pathways to pursue a Juris Doctor (J.D.)
- A strong foundation integrating business, STEM fields and the liberal arts develops critical 21st century skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Every student graduates with a major and a complementary minor, gaining a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through experiential learning.
- Whether you begin a career or continue your education after graduation, Bryant credentials prepare impact thinkers who are in high demand and prepared to contribute and make a difference.
Where Our Students Go
Bryant graduates from all majors are admitted to law schools including:
Experiential Learning Opportunities
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- A partnership between Bryant University and The Washington Center in Washington, D.C., provides you with semester-long or summer internship opportunities that have included the White House, the FBI, leading think tanks, and prominent law firms.
- Pre-Law students have held internships in the R.I. Attorney General's Office and in the court system, law and consulting firms, and nonprofit organizations.
Faculty-led trips off campus include:
- Attendance at special sessions held by the United Nations in New York City
- The opportunity to learn about war crime trials in European courts in a special summer course
CLUBS AND ORGANIZATIONS
- Bryant Debaters
- Bryant Law Society
- Mock Trial Association
- Model United Nations
1150 Douglas Pike
Smithfield, RI 02917