Design your future with faculty experts in health communication, media studies, risk and crisis, public relations, organizational communication, relational communication, and television/film production.
Immerse yourself in the study of how the messages we create and the interactions we have impact the attitudes and behaviors of others. Learn how these messages, delivered face to face, via social media, or through traditional media can be used in everything from establishing relationships to selling products and services.
You can specialize in one of four specific areas:
- Public Relations
- Broadcast Journalism, Film and Television
- Organizational Communication
- Strategic Healthcare Communication
Faculty advisors will work with you individually to select courses that align with your interests and career aspirations. You may even choose to adapt your coursework if you prefer a broader focus within the Communication field or look to to target specific fields of study and occupations.
At Bryant, we believe in learning by doing. Communication students participate in experiential learning opportunities such as internships, competitions, practicums and research collaboration with faculty. Our students are currently:
- Partnering with local organizations to design original health campaigns
- Enhancing brand messaging to increase awareness and recruitment for nonprofits
- Implementing effective crisis and risk communication strategies
- Creating and curating content for social media
Offered asMajor | Minor
CollegeCollege of Arts & Sciences
DepartmentDepartment of Communication
More InformationCourse Catalog Department Highlights
- A strong foundation integrating business, STEM fields and the liberal arts develops critical 21st century skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Every student graduates with a major and a complementary minor, gaining a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through experiential learning.
- Whether you begin a career or continue your education after graduation, Bryant credentials prepare impact thinkers who are in high demand and prepared to contribute and make a difference.
The Bryant Difference
Median starting salary of Bryant’s graduates.
College Factual 2022 rankings list Bryant's Communication program as a top 4% program in the nation.
99 percent of Bryant graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
Where Our Students Go
Graduates of Bryant's Communication program go on to prestigious graduate programs and are in demand in business, government, and nonprofit organizations.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished Communication alumni to explore different paths.
- Secure a Communication internship, available in various sectors, through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities with recruiters from 400+ prestigious organizations at on-campus career fairs.
- WJMF radio DJ
- HerCampus writer
- Lambda Pi Eta honors society
- Bryant Communication Society
- Bryant Literary Review contributor
- The Podium member
- Special Olympics public relations coordinator
- Orientation Leader
- Global Community Hour
- Sophomore International Experience
- Study abroad during junior year
- Research and Engagement Day panelist
- Present original academic research at the Eastern Communication Association conference
- Annual Public Speaking Colloquium participant
Our distinguished faculty include award-winning educators, mentors and accomplished media and digital content professionals with backgrounds in journalism, radio and broadcast production, and health science research. Among them is:
Associate Professor of Communication
1150 Douglas Pike
Smithfield, RI 02917