Gain a comprehensive and holistic perspective of health that will prepare you to successfully enter a variety of health-related careers and gain acceptance to graduate programs. Offered as a major.
Be prepared to navigate the interconnected nature of human health with our new Bachelor of Science degree in Health Sciences program. The program is part of our new School of Health and Behavioral Sciences.
Study biology, psychology, communication, and health topics in a curriculum that can prepare you for a variety of health-related careers, whether you’d like to be a healthcare worker addressing patient wellness, a vaccine researcher, a health communication expert, or other roles. Focus your study in one of three tracks that interests you the most, while also taking the required courses for admission to graduate-level clinical and non-clinical programs as well as the employment sector.
- Gain a comprehensive and holistic perspective of health that will prepare you to successfully enter a variety of careers in the health sciences and healthcare and gain acceptance to graduate programs.
- Benefit from mentoring by our inspiring, expert faculty as you study in one of our three tailored tracks, General Health Sciences, Behavioral Health, and Health Promotion.
- Understand the socio-economic, behavioral, biological, environmental, and communicative factors that impact human health and contribute to health disparities.
- Learn the concepts, methods, and tools of community health data collection use and analysis.
- Design a project that uses the fundamental concepts of program implementation including planning, assessment, and evaluation to address a health challenge in a variety of diverse communities.
- Pursue opportunities at the interdisciplinary Center for Health and Behavioral Sciences.
Two seats per year reserved for qualified Bryant undergraduates to the Physician Assistant Program
Bryant University is committed to attracting students to our home state of Rhode Island to help meet the healthcare workforce needs locally. To accomplish this, the Bryant University Physician Assistant Program grants guaranteed interviews to Bryant undergraduate students who meet the program's admissions criteria. Pending a successful interview, two seats per year are reserved for qualified Bryant undergraduates to the PA program.
- A strong foundation integrating business, STEM fields and the liberal arts develops critical 21st century skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Every student graduates with a major and a complementary minor, gaining a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through experiential learning.
- Whether you begin a career or continue your education after graduation, Bryant credentials prepare impact thinkers who are in high demand and prepared to contribute and make a difference.
The Bryant Difference
99 percent of Bryant graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
U.S. News & World Report 2023 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 7 in the Regional Universities North category.
Top 1% ROI
For lifetime earnings and ROI -- Georgetown University CEW
Where Our Students Go
Across a wide range of fields, Bryant University alumni are accepted into some of the most rigorous and prestigious graduate schools across the country and around the world, and they are hired by top companies and organizations. This includes the fields of health science, health care, biomedical research, health communication, neuropsychology research, behavioral health, clinical psychology, physical therapy, and more.
Experiential Learning Opportunities
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished alumni in a range of health fields to explore different paths.
- Secure an internship, available in various sectors, through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities with recruiters from 400+ prestigious organizations at on-campus career fairs.
- Health Education Awareness Leaders participant
- Colleges Against Cancer member
- Active Minds member
- Archway campus newspaper
- IDEA mentor as an Omicron Delta Kappa member
- Health Education Awareness Leader (HEAL)
- Writing Consultant, Academic Center for Excellence at Bryant University
- Sophomore International Experience
- Study abroad during your junior year
- Research and Engagement Day presenter
- Honors Program member
- Opportunities for independent research projects with faculty in various departments
- Participate in the Summer Undergraduate Research Fellowship (SURF) Program at Bryant or at collaborating intuitions
- Be a research assistant in Bryant's Microbial Glycomics Lab
- Applied Psychology or Health Communication Research Assistant for faculty at Bryant University
- Develop antibacterial compounds that hold promise in the fight against drug-resistant bacterial infections
- Investigate measures to combat vaccine hesitancy through improved health communication strategies
- Dissect and map neural mechanisms in fruit flies to better understand the underlying causes of addiction
- Pursue paid and unpaid research opportunities via the interdisciplinary Center for Health and Behavioral Sciences
Our talented faculty include award-winning educators, mentors, researchers and authors, with expertise in biomedical research, neuroscience research, antibacterial compound development, psychology and communication. Among them is:
Assistant Professor of Psychology
1150 Douglas Pike
Smithfield, RI 02917