Engage with noted faculty experts in health, clinical, educational, neuroscience, decision-making, and developmental psychology to develop a specialized career path. Offered as a major and minor.
Immerse yourself in the scientific study of human behavior and mental processes. Engage in small classes with dedicated faculty who have deep knowledge and real-world experience and provide you with ongoing academic advising and career guidance. Our major emphasizes practical applications in a wide range of professional domains.
Work closely with mentoring faculty as you apply what you’ve learned through real-world experience in fieldwork, internships, and research opportunities.
A combination of theoretical and applied psychology, plus exposure to core business courses, prepares you for either entry-level careers or graduate study.
Present research at academic conferences and publish your findings in national publications.
Collaborate with faculty on research, an opportunity usually reserved only for graduate students at many colleges and universities.
Immerse yourself in learning opportunities through internships with organizations such as Bradley Hospital; Special Olympics; Hasbro Children's Hospital; the Rhode Island Department of Children, Youth, and Families; the Hole in the Wall Gang Camp; and the Rhode Island Department of Health.
Participate in alumni panels, conference opportunities, and seminars about graduate schools offered through the Bryant Psychology Association.
CollegeHealth & Behavioral Sciences
DepartmentDepartment of Psychology
More InformationCourse Catalog Department Highlights
- A strong foundation integrating business, STEM fields and the liberal arts develops critical 21st century skills essential for success and continuous growth in every field.
- Every student graduates with a major and a complementary minor, gaining a competitive advantage that highlights the acumen and problem-solving abilities cultivated through experiential learning.
- Whether you begin a career or continue your education after graduation, Bryant credentials prepare impact thinkers who are in high demand and prepared to contribute and make a difference.
The Bryant Difference
99 percent of Bryant graduates are employed or enrolled in graduate school within six months of Commencement.
U.S. News & World Report 2023 Best College rankings list Bryant as No. 7 in the Regional Universities North category.
Top 1% ROI
For lifetime earnings and ROI -- Georgetown University CEW
Where Our Students Go
Graduates of Bryant's Psychology program go on to prestigious graduate programs and are in demand by business, nonprofit organizations, and government agencies.
EXPERIENTIAL LEARNING OPPORTUNITIES
CAREER EDUCATION OPPORTUNITIES
- Shadow and network with accomplished Psychology alumni to explore different paths.
- Secure a Psychology internship, available in various sectors, through our nationally recognized Amica Center for Career Education.
- Discuss career opportunities with recruiters from more than 400 organizations.
- Bryant Psychology Association
- Health Education Awareness Leaders (HEAL) representative
- Psi Chi International Honor Society in Psychology
- St. Jude's Up 'Til Dawn team leader
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters mentor
- Sophomore International Experience
- Research and Engagement Day panelist
- Present original research at national conferences
- Publish research conducted in collaboration with a faculty member in nationally recognized psychology journals
Our accomplished Psychology faculty are award-winning educators and dedicated mentors with deep knowledge and real-world experience in a variety of disciplines. They include practicing clinical psychologists and scholars with expertise in decision-making, developmental and environmental psychology, neuroscience, psychosocial aspects of illness, leadership, and learning and cognition. Among them is:
Associate Professor of Psychology
1150 Douglas Pike
Smithfield, RI 02917