Students walk outside the Fisher Student Center at Bryant University


Many students receive Federal Work-Study, meaning they work part-time on campus to help pay for their education.

To Learn More, Please Contact:

Andrea Pellegrino
Assistant Director, Financial Aid Office
(401) 232-6020

If you receive Federal Work-Study (or Bryant University employment) as part of your financial aid package, we encourage you to consider these part-time opportunities to help you meet the cost of your education.

Bryant University employment as listed on the Financial Aid Statement is an estimated amount you can earn IF you get a job on campus. This amount does not get deducted from your bill. Student employment and/or the amount of gross earnings cannot be guaranteed. It is your responsibility to secure a position. Students generally are not permitted to hold more than one job on campus.

A limited number of off-campus tutoring positions are available to Work-Study-eligible students at several area organizations. You will need your own transportation for these positions. Contact Andrea Pellegrino at (401) 232-6020 or if you are interested in these positions.

Be sure to complete paperwork before beginning work. If you secure an on-campus job, you must complete and submit to the Office of Financial Aid:

  • a Student Payroll Authorization,

  • a W-4 Employee's Withholding Allowance Certificate (federal as well as state), and

  • an I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form. You must have proper identification in original form to complete an I-9 Employment Eligibility Verification Form. (Photocopies cannot be accepted.)

You may work no more than 20 hours per week during the academic year. Pay rates begin at minimum wage. After employment is secured, you will be paid every two weeks for the hours worked.